Saturday 13 July 2013

Dior Addict Gloss 333 Bal D'ete


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I was looking around for a nice orange tint to my lips and I made the mistake of stopping by a Dior display. I'm pretty good about buying drugstore items and haven't really cashed out for big brand names but when I put Bal D'ete on my lips, it was an unfortunate and instantaneous love. 

Dior Addict Gloss 333 Bal D'ete review swatch



Dior Addict Gloss 333 Bal D'ete review swatch

Dior Addict Gloss 333 Bal D'ete review swatch

This gloss came out in Dior's Spring 2013 collection and might still be available. I've never owned nor tried a Dior Addict Gloss so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

The package states that the product gives mirror shine, volume and care. On the website it states that the product has "Mirror Shine Complex with polarized crystalline micro-spheres that adjust the reflection of light. The gel lipcare formula, enriched with hyaluronic acid spheres, plumps and moisturizes lips for an intensified volume-boosting effect."

The products gives a very light, pearly orange which is somewhat translucent and not at all milky. It's almost my lips but better but slightly coral/orange if you will. The product has a brush applicator and coats the lips nicely. It does not feel sticky, gives a very nice glossy finish and sits on the lips quite comfortably. I have to say that the staying power leaves something to be desired. It could be because the color is so light that I feel like it wears out really quickly. After 3hrs, there is still a slight shimmer to the lips but the glossiness will have faded. I do have to reapply this more one during the day but I'm so infatuated with the color I haven't minded so far. I don't feel like it plumps up my lips but it does give a very slight moisturized feel.

What Dior products have you tried or are interested in trying? Any suggestions from their product line?

0 comments:

Post a Comment