Saturday 30 March 2013

Review: Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam, Pure Skin Toner and Pure Lotion

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I got to try a 7 day kit of the Innisfree Green Tea skincare line when I bought a Korean magazine. Innisfree is a Korean brand which touts itself as being focused on using natural ingredients. Many of its focal ingredients come from Jeju Island, Korea. They're also focused on eco-friendly packaging and providing their products at affordable prices. Lots to like about this brand! This green tea line from Innisfree sounded quite promising since it is focused on moisturizing (recurring theme...). Let's take a look at how they perform!

Review Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam Pure Skin Toner Pure Lotion
The kit was suppose to last a week but I still have more than half of the products in each bottle and I've used  them for a solid month and a half now. That's so amazing since you're getting so much for basically free. The kit had the Green Tea Pure Cleansing Foam (didn't take individual photos of this), the Green Tea Pure Skin and the Green Tea Pure Lotion.

Green Tea Pure Cleansing Foam
Innisfree states "this mild cleansing foam cleanser contained with Jeju organic green tea moisturizing, antioxidant ingredients and kaolin washes off not only makeup residue but also soft facial hair impurities with its refined and foamy lather as it helps to create a fresh and clean skin." I have to say that I'm pretty surprised by how this cleanser performed. Firstly, foam cleansers always claim to be non-drying but inevitably you get that tight feeling after washing. This cleanser does that much less than all other foam cleansers I've tried. Secondly, I used this for a month without my Clarisonic and I felt like it really did clean well and I never had leftover makeup on my face. I'm seriously considering purchasing this when I go to Korea in May. At about $6 for 150ml, you really can't beat that price!

Green Tea Pure Skin Toner and Green Tea Pure Lotion

Review Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam Pure Skin Toner Pure Lotion

The Green Tea Pure Skin, from what I can figure out on the internet, is a toner. It doesn't feel like a tradition toner since it isn't quite liquid as water but has a slightly thicker feel. Innisfree states that "this is a moisturizing fluid which contains organic green tea water from Jeju Island which softly and freshly absorbs into the skin with water particles." You can't really tell from the photo but there are little green particles suspended in this light green liquid. It takes a little time to absorb onto my face and has a refreshing scent. 

Review Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam Pure Skin Toner Pure Lotion

For the lotion, Innisfree states that "this lotion keeps skin looking and feeling hydrated and gives you a 
naturally radiant glow. Its texture is light so it can glide smoothly. It can also have anti-aging and whitening 
effects". This lotion was also a little surprising. I used it as my primary day cream for a month and it worked quite well. I was surprised since the consistency was so fluid and light that I didn't feel like it would moisturize enough. It was sufficient but there were no moisturizing miracles that's for sure. As for the whitening and anti-aging effects, I'm a little skeptical. I haven't used these products for a long enough time but so far I haven't noticed any real change in my skin. This is actually a great product for after showering when I don't need to put on night cream yet and just need something to tide me over until evening. It has good oil control too, which was unexpected!

Overall
As a skincare routine that's for moisture I didn't really feel that it delivered on all its promises. My skin felt soft after using these products but I still had a few dry patches on my face. As an everyday routine for people with normal skin this would probably be sufficient. The cleanser was a surprise hit and the lotion had some pleasant benefits but the toner didn't really seem special to me. I will most likely purchase the cleanser.

0 comments:

Post a Comment