Tuesday 26 March 2013

Empties #1


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

One of the favorite types of Youtube videos is the Empties Video. I don't know why but there is a strange thrill in hearing about the amazing progress other bloggers have made in decreasing their makeup/skincare hoards (while probably buying a few items to make up for the loss of one, I know I am quite guilty of this). It's a nice chance to give snaps and claps for a job well done and to do a final victory lap for all the hard effort it took to finish up the rest of that tube of whatever. It's also a great way to hear about what things are worth a repurchase or a skip the next go-around at the store. So, I am more than happy to contribute my first empties post! Huzzah to me for finish up some of these items. Seriously, it makes me feel more proud than it ought to.  

empties empty dhc cleasing oil body shop butter brazil nut bath and body works freesia b kamins maple body lotion, l'occitane, fairydrops scandal queen mascara, etude house deep moist toner lotion
empties empty dhc cleasing oil body shop butter brazil nut bath and body works freesia b kamins maple body lotion, l'occitane, fairydrops scandal queen mascara, etude house deep moist toner lotion

Bath and Body Works Pleasures Body Cream in Sheer Freesia - will not repurchase
I got this body cream from my mom who won it in some office draw. Initially, I didn't really enjoy the scent but it grew on me. Still it isn't worth re-purchasing just because I don't prefer the scent and I felt like it didn't absorb quickly. As a body lotion (cream) I thought it did an OK job. I mostly tried to use this up so I could move on to other things I liked better.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - would likely repurchase
I'm a fan of using cleansing oils to remove all of my face make-up. I'm starting to realize that makeup remove is a horridly long process where I use an oil based makeup remover for the eyes, then a cleansing oil  for the face and finally Cetaphil to cleanse my face. I'm trying to tone this down but I find that my preference of waterproof mascaras necessitates the first step and my fear of having oil remain on my face necessitates the last. First world problems. Either way, this cleansing oil is brilliant. It removes all of my face make up and dissolves quite nicely in warm water. I see myself repurchasing this in the future but am currently trying another brand out. I do prefer this one though.

empties empty dhc cleasing oil body shop butter brazil nut bath and body works freesia b kamins maple body lotion, l'occitane, fairydrops scandal queen mascara, etude house deep moist toner lotion

Etude House Skin Malgem Toner in Deep Moist - will purchase
This is on my to-buy list for my upcoming trip to Asia. I got this in sample pack the last Korean skincare/makeup haul I did. I used it after I wash my face at night and thought it did a really good job of maintaining moisture. I forget what the price of the full size is but I remember it being quite affordable.

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara - will not repurchase
Well, I wrote about this in a previous post and will go through it quickly. For the price, there are better products out there that won't smudge/clump and aren't as wet. 

Fairydrops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara - have repurchased
I. Love. This. Mascara. I've had a few friends who have tried it and they didn't quite enjoy it as much as I did. The first time I used it, I couldn't stop looking at the effect it had on my lashes. Volume and Length, exactly what I need. Have already purchased another one (though in a different formula) and am excited to crack it open.

empties empty dhc cleasing oil body shop butter brazil nut bath and body works freesia b kamins maple body lotion, l'occitane, fairydrops scandal queen mascara, etude house deep moist toner lotion

The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Hand Cream - have repurchased
The scent of this is so bright and fruity. You can't help but notice it when someone puts it on. I think I went a little overboard though because I bought three when The Body Shop was trying to clear out its Xmas inventory. At $3 a tube, you can't really say no. Really moisturizing and a wonderful scent!

B Kamins Maple Body Lotion - will not purchase
I really didn't think this was anything special. I though the formula was quite runny and it didn't really absorb quickly nor did it moisturize that amazingly. 

L'Occitane Shea Butter - might repurchase
This product was really great last November and December when I felt like almost nothing in the world would keep my hands moisturized. I would repurchase it if I run into such an intense moisture loss situation again but not for everyday use. 

The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter (travel size) - have repurchased
This smells amazing! To me I think of coffee and chocolate for some reason. It has a sweet cake sort of smell to it with that bitter hit of coffee near the end. I love it and have TWO tubs of the full sized. Yes. Two.

So there you are! My first empties post :) Now I know how bloggers feel when they keep a bag of empty containers sitting around waiting to be blogged about. I'm quite happy to be recycling all of these things all in one go. 

What do you think of 'empties' posts? Do you read/watch them as fanatically as I do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment