Wednesday 14 December 2016

Full Coverage Isn't For Everyone (ft Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation*)


I've loved many things from Kat Von D and I thought the Lock-It Foundation* ($42CDN, 30ml) was going to be something crazy good. High coverage, matte finish, and 24 hour wear are intense promises and I've read many positive reviews. Don't let my preferences hold you back from covering up but recent explorations with the Foundation* sets another tick against full coverage foundations. 
Shades 43 and 46 arrived at my door but neither suited my skin. 43 Light Warm* was too pale and 46 Light Cool* was too pale and pink. No face photos here because a) I got lazy and b) they just didn't work with my skin color. There are enough reviews now that you can go see how it wears on other. 

The formula so amazingly and completely unifies your face shade; be aware of getting the wrong color. 43 made me look too ghostlike and really flat, adding in contours, blush and highlights was mandatory to return my features back to the realm of human. You can see how it compares to the Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation* in Y245 (which is my matched shade).


One pump is way too much for my face...way too much. The foundation has noticeable presence (and scent). Thinking back to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped, this just feels like a feature of fuller coverage options. The thick cream formula takes more blending strokes with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to work in.

No lies, I didn't wear this for too long when I did bother but it felt bullet proof on my skin. It also felt too thick, and the scent was strong. Even though this isn't such a fullsome review, I wanted to bring up this product to diversify some of the views about it.

I prefer breathable thin layers of foundation and don't wear an 'Instagram face'. The Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation* was, outrightly, against these preferences. Still, I thought maybe the wear time and quality would convert me to trying something more bullet proof than my sheerer choices. But at the end of the day, I can't say that this an HG foundation for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment