Tuesday 24 December 2013

Bare Essentials Skin Bar


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

My mom and grandmother have excellent skin, however I'm not as lucky. I can only hope to have the same smooth bright skin that my grandma currently has at the age of 89! Considering that, I was very excited to be introduced to Bare Essentials Skin Bar ("the bar") located on Richards Street in Vancouver.



At the bar, I was greeted by Amy who explained to me her passion for the business and how she wants to bring truly personalized skincare options to her clients. The bar offers 30 minute facials where add-ons like microdermabrasion can be included to make a 45 min procedure. The 30 minutes covers your appointment from entering to leaving the bar, which keeps in mind the busy schedules of her clients. It's perfect for a quick facial during a lunch hour!

Only Dermalogica products are used at the bar and Amy is truly an expert on all the line has to offer. She made some great suggestions for the boyfriend (I'm constantly on a hunt for things he will actually use) and also has large travel sized products for around $20 or less if you don't want to commit to a full sized product. These can last up to 3 weeks depending on the item.


Opting for the Mai Tai facial, I was greeted by Shantelle who discussed my skin needs with me. All the information allowed her to customize the products she would use on me. First she started off with a double cleanse to remove my makeup and proceed to do a more indepth skin analysis. By inspecting, and describing to me the 14 different areas on my face, she was able to determine areas of dryness, congestions and sensitivity. From there we proceed on with the facial.



At every point Shantelle explained what she was doing and which products were used. Even though we were focusing on hydration, she used some of Dermalogica's calming line on me because she noticed my sensitivity. She also added in some of Dermalogica's professional salon serums and botanical blends into the products she had chosen to use. This achieves that customized service the bar goes for.



I was very pleased with the service over all. At the end, I picked up a travel sized bottles of the Special Cleaning Gel for the bf and a Ultracalming Mist toner for myself. At $45 a treatment, this won't break the bank and is very reasonably priced. They also provide loyalty programs to help you keep up with your facial needs. Considering the professional service I got and the degree of knowledge and customizability available, I would recommend trying out the bar!



When was the last time you had a facial? AND IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter
Disclaimer: I was given a complementary service but opinions reflect how I feel about the service and do not take into account any gifts of complementary services I was given.

0 comments:

Post a Comment