Thursday 3 October 2013

Autumn Picks


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Ha, I actually didn't realize that I had pre-scheduled the clay mask post for Tuesday which was a happy accident since I still hadn't figured out my computer situation. Anyways, today I just wanted to showcase some of the products I predict I'll be grabbing most often in the Autumn.


When I think about Autumn, I think about oranges, red/burgundies and greens. I don't know why but I'm obsessed with the idea of orange lips right now. It's ALL I want to swatch when I'm at the drugstore or Sephora but I never buy any orange lippies because I know I have Revlon's Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti  which I barely use. So why do I think I'll suddenly be slapping on super orange lips? I don't know. Still there's Stila's Convertible Color in Gladiola which is a less bright than Tutti Fruitti. Been wearing that a lot lately.

Orange based reds are also a bit more doable. Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic was a definite favorite last Autumn so I predict I'll be grabbing that one quite often as well. I discovered how much I loved orange based reds when I bought that product. If I want something a little deeper, Stila's Convertible Color in Poppy fits the bill.

In the eyes category, my eyeshadow stash had a few lovely offerings. You guys know I love Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk. If I want to use powder, NYX's Walnut is a lovely red toned brown. In the greens and khaki category Inglot's 414 and L'oreal Infallible in Bronze Divine both offer great Autumn eye looks. All of these work wonderfully with Wet'nWild's Nutty (a supposed dupe for MAC's Satin Taupe). To round everything off, I've got to rely on my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack for eyeliner.

Finally, its time to put away the orangy bronzers and go for a cool grey toned contour shade. NYX Taupe is a serious go to for me and it just works amazingly as a contour.

Hope you liked my Autumn picks, what are some of yours?

Daily Zen: I'm trying to make my way through many pounds of flour which I've inherited from my previous roommate. She loved to bake but, since leaving the province, has left me with way more flour than I'll ever need for my time here. Tonight, Coffee Crisp Scones. My office loves me.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment