Saturday 1 April 2017

The Latest from MUFE


Its been hard to keep up with Make Up For Ever! They've been rapidly firing out products! I'm already behind but I love this brand so I wanted to share my thoughts on the latest.


Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 4 - Shadows ($52 CDN)
9 matte Artist shadows - Black (M-100), Grey Brown (M-620), Chalk (M-126), Wine (M-842), Antique Pink (M-806), Dark Purple Taupe (M-546), Prussian Blue (M-240), Milk Tea (M-536) and Eggshell (M-530)

Yay, more Artist Shadows but it took a while to convince me that this works as a stand alone palette. I reached for the middle purple row and almost never for the black/grey/white. When I jump around, I found more looks though the purple is still a look focus. The blend ability is good (not great) but I have to rub to deposit color onto the brush. Overall not bad, but unless you can see and enjoy the look options, not a must have. 


Pro Fusion Highlighter* ($48CDN)
2 shades of lightweight highlighters from the Pro Sculpting Duos made of soft shimmer gel powder. It promises to give a subtle sheen with ultimate blendability. Golden Pink for light - medium skin tones and Gold for medium - dark.

I enjoy that the point of these are not to be crazy "beam my up Scottie" highlights. Nuanced but visible is how I prefer to glow and this formula is great. It has the same baked in gel/powder as the Pro Fusion items and I can lightly pick up color with a duo-fibre brush or use my fingers and swipe for added intensity. I'm happy that MUFE didn't choose with the deeper gold in the original Duos (or maybe they did, and I can't tell?) but I am reaching for the Golden Pink more often right now.

High Precision Lip Pencil ($22CDN, 0.04oz)
12 natural shades made of super-emollient oils to boost and enhance lip color application, while keep lips nourished. This promises long-lasting color.



Pro Sculpting Brow Palette ($52CDN, )
A 4-in-1 palette that grooms, defines, shapes and intensifies brows. It comes in 2 shades (I have shade 2) and includes 3 matte powders (use wet or dry), a highlighter (cream-to-powder), sculpting wax and double-ended applicator).

This type of brow application scares me. Partly from lack of practice and also because there are too many steps to make this time efficient. The level of control and precision though can't be beat with a powder and wax combo. While I prefer a brow pencil because its quicker, I was happy to see that the color and shape lasted well past a full work day! This little kit is handy to have and the highlighter shade does a good job of adding extra definition to my brows.


Artist Acrylip ($29CDN, )
Lip paint in 10 bold, buildable shades in a lightweight, non-sticky formula. Promises comfortable wear, nourished lips and flawless color that helps smooth lips. The color is super pigmented so I only dabbed a little onto my inner lips before mushing them around. This method gives a great tinted look which makes these more approachable for me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment