Monday 19 September 2016

Jenn Needs to Read Her PR Info Sometimes


I don't always read the press information before I start using a product. I end up using things incorrectly, being confused about why something isn't working, having to go back anyways to read the info. It's my own fault. I concede my now and then failings to read instructions. 

2-in-1 Makeup Remover, stated in clear letters on Estee Lauder's Estee Edits Dissolve the Drama* ($36CDN, 198ml).  I thought this would be a miscible bi-phased (yes oxymoronic) makeup remover solution, in the vein of Lancome Bi-Facil or other such things. Wrong. I'm dumb. It's really a cleansing oil so my attempt to use it with a cotton round was all sorts of fail as the round absorbed the oil and I had a hell of a time getting my eye make up off. (Even though they suggest using a cotton round...don't, unless you want to super drench your round and waste product.)

Anyways. I've learned (that my version of intuitive labelling is not someone else's) and that packaging is deceptive (round small hole for an opening instead of a pump...not my optimal cleansing oil delivery system) and that I need to read about things before I use them.

As far as how this works, I'm all sorts of meh about it. Its hard to give up my love for Fancl. This doesn't emulsify or wash away as cleanly as I would like. You can see it all milk up when water is added but there is residue after. I've started to use it to wash off swatches by the sink. Double cleansing with soap or cleanser is necessary unless you like that residue oil feeling. I'm making it sound awful. Its not. It's just not as awesome or effective as other cleansing oils I've tried and at the same price as my second favorite, DHC....I think my purchasing choice is pretty clear here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment