Monday 5 September 2016

Multi-Masking with Vichy*


I only ever multi-mask and now I can multi-mask all within one brand, Vichy*. The french drugstore brand has launched three mineral infused mask options (each $34CDN, 75ml). If you're a multi-masker like me, that's 7 different masking permutations.


The Double Peeling Mask exfoliates and illuminates with AHA, volcanic rock, and thermal water. Vitamin C is supposed to help brighten the skin. This grapefruit scented peel is quite gentle and the directions suggest only 5 minutes of on-face use. The volcanic rock seems ineffective to me. You aren't scrubbing as you rinse off the mask and the rocks is sparse. I suggest rubbing this on before leaving it for the 5 minutes. This did not sting and my skin was not red afterwards. I would prefer to leave this on for longer than 5 minutes or for it to be slightly stronger in concentration.


The Pore-Purifying Mask contains Kaolin clay and Bentonite to absorb impurities and tighten pores. Mineralizing thermal water and aloe vera strengthens, soothes and hydrates skin. It's weird to say but this smells like cardboard, (which actually has a mellow sweet scent if you remove the glue notes...so to me, its not a bad one). The mask is cooling and did not leave my skin parched. Those with extremely oily skin may wish to leave this one for longer than the suggested 5 minutes before rinsing off.


The Quenching Mineral Mask is supposed to hydrate, soothe and refresh with mineralizing thermal water, Vitamin B3, glycerin and mint extract. Smells like cucumbers, cooling like cucumbers. It softens my face but I'm not a complete fan of the gel which doesn't dry down. You can leave this on but I prefer a thin layer, rinsed off after 10 minutes.



Overall, I think these are good but nothing is blowing me away. I'm surprised about the directed leave-on time. 5 minutes is short and even my sheet masks direct me to leave them on for 15 minutes.

The prices for each are high enough that I expected a good result out of the box. If I leave these on longer (in 2 cases), or remove it sooner (in 1 case), I get to a better result but I would prefer more intensity all around. Of the three, I would suggest the Pore-Purifying Mask mask, it wasn't drying and seems a good price. I will probably continue to use the Double Peeling Mask  in the hopes that it will more effectively exfoliate if given a few more tries.

As for multi-masking, I would start with either the Double Peeling Mask or Pore-Purifying Mask and end with the Quenching Mineral Mask.

How would you multi-mask with these?

0 comments:

Post a Comment