Friday 23 May 2014

Guest Post: Transitioning to Warmer Weather with Julie


Hello lovely fans of A Beautiful Zen! It's me, Julie from Swatch and Review! As part of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers guest post series, I'll be hanging out on Jenn's blog this month talking about the transition to warmer weather. 


When the weather changes, so does my skin. It's actually a glorious time for me! My dry patches go away, my redness is subdued and my skin becomes a little less sensitive. And to compensate for the change in climate, I switch up my skincare just like I do my wardrobe!  


In the Winter months, I use a cleansing oil to remove my makeup while keeping my skin nice and hydrated. So when it gets warm out, I go for something a bit lighter like Biotherm Biosource Biosensitive dermo-soothing cleanser (which after some research looks like it may be discontinued). I find Boscia Purifying Gel Cleanser also does the trick.



The next step for me is a toner, and the perfect one for summer is Lush Cosmetics Eau Roma Water. I spritz this all over my face and I feel refreshed and balanced. The rose and lavender water help soothe my skin, which is especially good if I've been out in the sun. 


Then I apply my moisturizer. Once I am actually outside more, I am concerned with nasty UV rays and collecting a bunch (more) age spots. The Ole Henriksen Truth Revealed Super Creme has SPF15 to keep my skin protected as well as Vitamin C to give me a nice glow and even skin tone. This also smells like orange creamsicles! 


If I am having a pretty low-key day, I'll opt for a foundation that is a bit more sheer. Sleek Be Beautiful Blemish Balm gives me light coverage while it also helps cover and correct my skintone. It stays put for most of the day and has SPF in it as well. 

Well there you have it! My daily routine switch-up for summer. 
What changes do you make to your skincare once it gets warm?

0 comments:

Post a Comment