Tuesday 20 August 2013

Liebster Award? (the post where you can witness just how dull I am)

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

So I was tagged with the Liebster Award by Em over at Mascara Warrior (which I think is a fantastic name)! Thanks for the tag! 

The point of the 'award' is to help promote bloggers who have less than 200 followers (a category in which I most certainly fall under). I'm always a little surprised that people read my blog at all and it's nice to be mentioned for the tag

The rules of the tag are as follows: 
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you. 
- Write down eleven more questions.
- Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers (which might be difficult for me....)
- Inform the bloggers that they've been tagged

So to answer Em's Questions:
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I've been pretty fortunate in my life to have travelled to a few destinations around the world. I've learned a lot doing so. I'm not quite ready to return to South East Asia just yet and will most likely not make my way to South Asia anytime soon (yes those two regions are distinct from each other). I have my eyes set on Japan right now, finances permittng. And Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (No joke, don't laugh at me). The boyfriend's family is there and I have yet to meet them.

Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
I am definitely an introvert. I wouldn't say that I was shy and can make good conversation in a crowd of people but it's not something I look forward too. A close get together with good friends is much better than a massive party with numerous strangers.

What are some interests of yours besides beauty and makeup?
I'm really interested in food policy and policy and science in general. I try to stay up on current events and pop over to The AtlanticForeign Policy, and sometime Slate as well as Canadian national newspapers. I also really like to cook (and am not too shabby at it, if I say so myself), read, and play boardgames with friends (Dominion is my favorite).

You woke up late and have five minutes to do your makeup! What do you reach for?
Eyeliner. It was the first makeup item I started using consistently and even with a 'bare face' eyeliner makes me feel a little more put together.

What's your favorite type of clothing or accessory?
I'm not exactly sure how to answer this one as my style is rather ecletic but every time JNBY comes out with their new season, I die. 

What's the last thing that you genuinely laughed at?
Can't remember but it must have been something my friend Vania said as we were out together today.

What's your favorite book, movie, song, or television show?
That's also really tough since I read so much but I like the author Jasper Fforde. I was obsessed with Moulin Rouge for a while and I think House of Cards is pretty fantastic.

What skill do you wish you had, or one you wish you could do better?
If I could have super good memory that would be awesome. Also, it would be great if I could make connections and improve my critical thinking in general. That would help with the job and the ability to strategize on a higher level.....
but that's really boring. 
Just for kicks, it would be great if I could ride a bike.

If you could speak any language fluently, what would it be and why?
Aside from developing my measly Cantonese skills, it would be awesome if I could learn Korean. 1) The boyfriend lived there for three years so he can converse in Korean. 2) He's tone deaf so he can't learn tonal languages of which Chinese is one. 3) Sometimes it's nice to tell your partner something without everyone overhearing you.

Name something off of the top of your bucket list.
I don't really have a bucket list but the top priority right now is paying off the student loan and getting my butt back to BC.

What do you usually do when you want to have fun? 
Dance with monkeys. I joke. That would be probably get messy seeing the way I dance. 
uh..
If I'm with people, honestly just having good conversations is really fun for me. We don't really need to be doing anything at all. Sometimes I invite my friends over for food and boardgames. 
If I'm not with people, read a book, watch a movie...whatever other people do normally.

Huzzah! You made it all the way through this post. Thank you kind souls who were actually curious enough to do so and hopefully it was more or less entertaining. 

The eleven questions I have are (these were hard to come up with and feel free to answer even if you're not tagged):
1) Where are you from, where would you like to be?
2) Do your friends know about your blog? Your family? Why/Why not?
3) What are some peeves you have about blogging or people who beauty blog?
4) Why did you start blogging? 
5) How do keep up your blogging schedule?
6) What are some of your interests outside of your blogging life?
7) If you could work in any industry/sector (outside of fashion/beauty) where would that be?
8) (fill in the blank) is the shit and/or I really like (fill in the blank) and I think that makes me unique/quirky.
9) Your friends would say you were... 
10) You would say you were...
11) What's something you've been procrastinating about?

The people I tag are (sorry couldn't quite get to 11):
Nikki | Fairest Favorites
Aggie | Lawyer Lives
Michelle | At First Wink
Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry
Marlin | Marlin Notes
Fleur | Pink Posies and Cupcakes
Rae | Some Sweet Little Dreams
Tegan | Beauty Challenged
Jessie | Jessie's La La Land

0 comments:

Post a Comment