Saturday 17 August 2013

FOTD #2: 'Cause we can't all have YSL


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Having seen a few too many swatches of the YSL City Drive Classy Palette and especially the look from Sophia at The Make-up Blogette made me wish for the sexy neutral look that she created. But alas, we can't all have YSL. So instead, I decided to rummage around to find similar colors in my stash and this is what happened....






Once again, I'm pleasantly surprised by what I can do when I put in a little effort lol. Guess I won't be buying that palette after all! (Darn....). The focus was mainly on the eyes but I was testing out a new Guerlian bronzer powder as well. Might have just contoured that baby a little too sharp.

Eyes:
NARS eyeshadow primer
Make Up For Ever - eyebrow pencil #4
Too Face - Push Up over eyelid
Estee Lauder - Smokey and Mocha Cup mixed in the crease
Inglot - 47 in lower lash line
Urban Decay - Demolition as liner
Lancome - Cils Booster Xl lash primer
Blinc Mascara

Lips:
NARS - Belle Du Jour

Face:
Lancome - Shimmer Mocha Havana blush
Guerlain - Flawless Bronzing Powder - Light as contour

I think I was able to recreate Sophia's look well enough using what I had. I'm sure some of us have sizeable stashes of eyeshadows that more or less will create looks for new palettes that come out every season. The colors I had were not the same but the general feel of the look was achieved with things that were similar. I know I'm the first to go lemming after all the new and sparklies without trying to see if I own something close enough. I mean, do I really need two shades that are just a smidgen different in color but more or less the same when applied? (yes..maybe sometimes ok?)

How well do you know your stash? Do you find yourself buying duplicates or similar colors?

Daily Zen: Right now as you're reading (assuming on the day posted) I'm back in Vancouver to attend the wedding of my lovely friend, Andrea. Will be doing a FOTD for that as well :) I can hear the shutter clicking as we speak...(and my boyfriend telling me to hurry up lol)

0 comments:

Post a Comment