Thursday 21 March 2013

Stressed Out Saviours


These last couple of months have been straight up disastrous as far as my mental health goes. My program thought it would be a wonderful idea to have 16 assignments due in 6 weeks. This has left even the most hardened male student in fits of tears. To ease some of the tensions, there have been a few things that I've been using to try and make things just a little bit better.



I've read that lavender scents are suppose to be stress relieving and relaxing so I tried to find a lavender body wash and ended up with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Lavender. I'm not sure if this is a placebo effect but when I took a whiff of this in the shower, I just felt more calm. At this point, even if it's all in my mind, it really doesn't matter. This soap is also sort of crazy since it's suppose to be used for a variety of things such as cleaning, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste....I'm not sure about half these claims and I raise an eyebrow a little about whether I should be putting this on my body if I can also use this to clean my stove but..... oh well. So far, no major skin reactions and no major dryness. (It's probably more the case that it would clean my body well but not necessary the stove as opposed to the opposite scenario. Here's to hoping.)

And, we have to give a shout out to the Lindt Excellence chocolates in Sea Salt, Intense Mint and Orange Intense. I'm sure there has been a statistically significant increase in snacking these last few weeks. Some people eat less when they're stressed and some eat more. I am, unfortunately, in the latter group, the more munchies the better.


The White Barn candle in Black Pepper Bergamot has also been lovely during this time. It's just a nice little luxury to have a scented candle lit in the background. The scent sort of reminds me of something my father use to wear as aftershave or maybe the scent of one of his shaving products. Either way, its a nice musky scent that's enveloping and warm which makes plugging away at three papers at once just slightly better.

The school, thankfully, has noticed our marked decrease in general happiness and are bringing in stress dogs later this month but god-damn I needs them fluffy dogs now lol.

What are you're stressed out saviors?

0 comments:

Post a Comment